Efficient Surgical Workflow and Real-Time Updates with Next Generation TrueGuide® Astigmatic Correction Application
At-the-microscope information and surgeon control designed to improve outcomes and reduce procedure time
Santa Barbara, CA, USA
- (April 11, 2015) - TrueVision 3D Surgical, the leader in heads-up surgery announced today availability of TrueGuide®
v10, a patented computer guidance software application designed to improve patient outcomes during cataract and refractive surgery.
TrueGuide generates templates on the live surgical field of view to aid surgeons in navigating alignment, incisions and more.
A cornerstone of the Digital Microscope Platform, the next generation v10 includes multiple innovations that improve surgical workflow, expand microscope integration and extend functionality.
At the heart of TrueGuide v10 is an at-the-microscope touchscreen capability that allows surgeons to change in real-time Toric lens alignment, LRI/AK incision parameters, targeted astigmatic outcomes and more.
Other at-the-microscope updates include an axial topography map overlay which brings a unique and intuitive view of important corneal parameters into live surgery.
"With extraordinary results, we've incorporated every iteration of TrueGuide and are pleased with v10, especially the addition of an axial overlay," said Robert J. Weinstock, M.D., Cataract and Refractive Surgeon, The Eye Institute of West Florida. "The new mapping gives us supplementary details for astigmatism treatment customization. It's an excellent tool that helps us verify our pre-surgical planning."
Additional features in v10 include an automatic limbus capture which potentially reduces procedure time.
V10 appreciably extends existing Leica microscope integration giving surgeons more at-the-microscope control. "The v10 addition of zoom tracking and foot pedal control bring added precision to key steps of advanced cataract surgery," said James Katz, M.D., Cataract and Refractive Surgeon, The Midwest Center for Sight. "Equally intriguing is the summer 2015 planned arrival of image injection and the ability to see guidance templates in the oculars or on the 3D monitor."
V10's unprecedented image quality is delivered through an Ultra HD double resolution 4K monitor, available on both the medical cart and integrated versions of the Digital Microscope Platform.
TrueGuide v10 is available now.
TrueGuide v10 Features:
About TrueVision® 3D Surgical
- Delivers precise surgical guidance through patented, markerless system
- Works with all toric intraocular lenses
- Streamlines workflow through touchscreen and foot pedal control
- Targets lowest residual astigmatism with dynamic IOL calculator
- Accounts for cyclotorsion and Surgically Induced Astigmatism (SIA)
- Shows on-screen live topography overlays
- Provides auto-registration of pre-operative image to live surgery with robust eye tracking including zoom tracking
- Refines surgical plan before and during the procedure with Dynamic Optimization™
- Customizes surgeon nomograms, refines in real-time
- Integrates seamlessly with existing OR equipment and patient data
- Displays unprecedented image using Ultra HD 4K 3D monitor and high dynamic range ICM5 camera
3D Surgical is the leader in digital 3D heads-up surgery and guidance for microsurgery. Santa Barbara, California-based TrueVision®
has developed and patented an intelligent, real-time, 3D Digital Microscope Platform. The company is focused on developing a suite of 3D guidance applications for microsurgery to improve surgical efficiencies and patient outcomes. The first smart application is TrueGuide® Computer Guided Surgery for astigmatic correction and advanced IOL placement.
for more information.
Sr. Marketing Manager